Re: Standby Mode

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Standby Mode
Date: 2006-08-01 00:49:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 20:34 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Seems you completed most of the PITR items. That will make great
> > additions for 8.2.
>
> Diogo's xlogviewer stuff should be ready shortly also (1-3 weeks). Since
> that's a contrib module how do we stand on having that get into 8.2,
> even though it isn't going to hit the main feature freeze?

I think we would allow a /contrib tool during freeze, especially since
it is a debugging tool and not something that you use for queries.

> I'll be able to spend more time with him on that now.
>
> Do we care whether that's part of the release or not? It's a pretty
> specific tool.

True. We could put it on pgfoundry and let him make improvements to it
during the 8.2 cycle (faster than we can), and then roll it into 8.3.
One idea is to put the URL of the pgfoundry project in our
documentation.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us