Re: Read db files directly

From: Mingzuo Shen <mzshen(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Aaron Bono <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Read db files directly
Date: 2006-07-28 19:23:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks Aaron.

No. pg_dump, psql do not "see" those files.
As I said, psql -l shows "nothing".
pg_dumpall outputs nothing.

strings 3476895975

for example, does show a lot of text,
some of them seem to be actual data
that I am interested in extracting.

If I create a new db and create new tables
in the new db, then they work as usual.