Re: The vacuum-ignore-vacuum patch

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The vacuum-ignore-vacuum patch
Date: 2006-07-24 22:27:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Cc: pgsql-hackers removed, as this mail contains a patch.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:
> > Hannu Krossing asked me about his patch to ignore transactions running
> > VACUUM LAZY in other vacuum transactions. I attach a version of the
> > patch updated to the current sources.
>
> nonInVacuumXmin seems useless ... perhaps a vestige of some earlier
> version of the computation?

Yup -- I checked that code and found out that nonInVacuumXmin can be
taken out as it's not used anywhere. One upside of this is that taking
it out means we can remove all diffs to GetSnapshotData. New patch
attached; it's a bit smaller than the last one.

I'm currently testing it. Since it appears there are no further
objections, I intend to commit it.

Attachment Content-Type Size
ignore-vacuum-2006-07-24.patch text/plain 12.2 KB