BUG #2547: Notifications lost when using JDBC

From: "John Bester" <john(dot)bester(at)snowball(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2547: Notifications lost when using JDBC
Date: 2006-07-24 07:23:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2547
Logged by: John Bester
Email address: john(dot)bester(at)snowball(dot)co(dot)za
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system: SUSE 10.0
Details:

I found that if I create a JDBC connection to Postgres and listen for
notifications, it works until I create a new connection. I have not checked
whether notifications are received on the new connection, but even if it did
I would still consider it to be a bug. You should be able to create a
notification listener that works with it's own connection in a seperate
thread without having to know when new connections are made.