Re: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc

From: <vivek(at)staff(dot)ownmail(dot)com>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc
Date: 2006-07-18 06:37:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Ludec,
I realized the fault. The latest psqlodbc doesnot work with unixodbc (latest) on 64 bit arch perhaps. I got an older version of psqlodbc and it worked. Both are compiled 64-bit on a 64-bit machine. Thanks for your reply. It was a booster for me. And now I know how to enable tracing for it. Thanks a lot.

With warm regards.

Vivek J. Joshi.

vivek(at)staff(dot)ownmail(dot)com
Trikon electronics Pvt. Ltd.

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
-- Ernest Rutherford

Ludek Finstrle wrote:
> >> Hello friends,
>> I am a newbie to databases. I am trying to start a postgres connection
>> using unix odbc on a Slackware 10 and a AMD opteron machine, and a 64 bit
>> gcc compiler and 64 bit kernel. I am using
>>
>> psqlodbc-08.02.0002
>> and
>> unixODBC-2.2.11
>>
>> Whenever I try to connect to the database server, I get a segmentation fault.
I give the command:-