newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc

From: <vivek(at)staff(dot)ownmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc
Date: 2006-07-14 03:53:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello friends,
I am a newbie to databases. I am trying to start a postgres connection using unix odbc on a Slackware 10 and a AMD opteron machine, and a 64 bit gcc compiler and 64 bit kernel. I am using

psqlodbc-08.02.0002
and
unixODBC-2.2.11

Whenever I try to connect to the database server, I get a segmentation fault. I give the command:-
isql mydb -v
Segmentation fault

I tried to figure out whats wrong but no use.
Kindly help me as I dont know what to do.

With warm regards.

Vivek J. Joshi.

vivek(at)staff(dot)ownmail(dot)com
Trikon electronics Pvt. Ltd.

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
-- Ernest Rutherford