Re: Buffer for inner and outer table

From: Daniel Xavier de Sousa <danielucg(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>, Mark Woodward <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Buffer for inner and outer table
Date: 2006-06-25 15:06:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Álvaro,

Thank you about your answer.
I thought that Postgres could management the space for outer and inner tables. Because, some articles has showed how this make the difference.

Alvaro please,
And about count of pages that postgres read on query inner join (on RAM and HD). Do you know some thing about?

Thanks
Daniel

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> escreveu: Daniel Xavier de Sousa wrote:

> Somebody can tell me, where the postgres control the buffer for
> inner and outer table, when it execute Nest_loop_join? I would want
> how to change the size this buffer and see all statistics about
> this

There is no such buffer. Buffers used in scans are kept in
shared_buffers, just like for everything else.

Yahoo! Copa 2006 - cobertura dos jogos em tempo real e tudo sobre a seleção brasileira!