BUG #2493: bug with initdb under an administrator

From: "Alexander Pravdin" <speller(at)yandex(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2493: bug with initdb under an administrator
Date: 2006-06-23 08:08:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2493
Logged by: Alexander Pravdin
Email address: speller(at)yandex(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

If I run the initdb under an administrator, the program crashes without any
error reporting. The last string in the output is

"creating base template1 in E:/usr/local/postgres/data/base/1 ..."
(translated from russian)

The "data" directory remains empty.

Under the limited user account initialization completed successfully.

I think the program should report if it require to run under a limited user
account.