Cannot restart postgres

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Cannot restart postgres
Date: 2006-06-19 20:43:46
Lists: pgsql-general

7.x installation. (Yeah, yeah, upgrade.)

I have a disk which has only the database on it.
It has become full and postgres won't start.

Is there an option (besides restore from backup)
other than trying to move the data dir to a bigger
disk?

Would pg_resetxlog do the right thing to free up
some space so I can go in and vacuum and delete rows?

This is somewhat urgent.

Thanks for your help.

--elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com