Re: postgresql live-cd

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql live-cd
Date: 2006-06-15 15:10:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 15 June 2006 08:15, Koen Martens wrote:
> We already started basing the live cd on knoppix yesterday, but that
> is of course no reason to not switch to ubuntu now. I am not too
> keen on ubuntu, it tends to break quickly. I think sticking with the
> excellent hardware detection support of knoppix is a pre.

FYI, I've finished my iso development environment and am currently doing a
test burn of a xubuntu iso.

What I want to do, in addition to installing postgres and all its bells and
whistles, is to customized the entire 'look' of the iso i.e. edit the
isolinux configuration files

> Furthermore, since i have gotten a lot of convincing arguments not
> to use ccard-shaped or mini cd's, we're going for a normal CD. Which
> means space is not too much of a problem anymore.

For me, the issue is making it available for downloads i.e. make available two
versions.

cheers