Re: Patch for snprintf problem (bug #1000650) 4-th try

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for snprintf problem (bug #1000650) 4-th try
Date: 2006-06-13 09:46:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > > Hmm bad news.
> > > If so, it may be better to use the sequence like the following for example.
> > >
> > > char *query_ptr;
> > > size_t bufsize_res;
> > > int slen;
> > >
> > > /* Initialize */
> > > query_ptr = columns_query;
> > > bufsize_res = sizeof(columns_query);
> > >
> > > if (..)
> > > {
> > > if ((slen = snprintf(query_ptr, bufsize_res, .., )) <= 0)
> > > {
> > > .. error_handling ..
> > > }
> > > query_ptr += slen;
> > > bufsize_res -= slen;
> > > }

> > I'm not sure. There are a lot of strcat, my_strcat, schema_strcat calls
> > between snprintf. There is only one place where snprintf could be called
> > after another snprintf.
>
> I change the snprintf_addlen to snprintf_len as you mentioned.
>
> Third try of patch attached.

I make patch againist CVS after yours huge commit. What's your opinion?
Could we fix linux bug? Or do you prefer ifdef or what's your
idea about change these lines:

snprintf(buf,bufsize,"%s adding 1",buf);
strcat(buf," adding 2");
snprintf(buf,bufsize,"%s adding 3",buf);

I think it's hard to maintain code you mentioned above. This calls
are only in catalog information (relatively short query - used not so
often).

Patch attached contains previous psqlodbc_snprintf_3try and
psqlodbc_snprintf_next.

Regards,

Luf

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc_snprintf_4try.diff text/plain 12.8 KB