Re: Access97/odbcUnicode/pgsql : unable to map text field

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: "JGuillaume 'IoGuiX' de Rorthais" <igxnews(at)free(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access97/odbcUnicode/pgsql : unable to map text field
Date: 2006-06-09 13:50:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Mh, looks impossible to join just a .exe without a part of Office pack :/

It's a pity.

> I just have my logs for you...
>
> Anyway, indeed, mapping PgSQL Text type to Access Memo work fine with
> the ANSI's
> ODBC versions. But using the ANSI version require to much macro & VBA stuff
> workaround the #Deleted behaviour (that is an Access specific problem).

The only difference I see is in type of 'txt' column.
ANSI: SQL_LONGVARCHAR (-1)
Unicode: SQL_WLONGVARCHAR (-10)

Let's try change Max Longvarchar size from 8190 to something higher
(at least 16380). If it doesn't help try change the Max Longvarchar
size to -4 (SQL_NO_TOTAL).

Maybe it helps or maybe it doesn't.

Regards,

Luf