Re: reindexdb command utlility

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>, Henrik Zagerholm <henke(at)mac(dot)se>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reindexdb command utlility
Date: 2006-06-07 17:02:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Patch applied. Thanks.
>
> Why is this an improvement? AFAIR an INFO message is *not suppressible*
> by adjusting client_min_messages, therefore this makes the system more
> chatty not less so. It certainly doesn't do anything to address the
> original complaint.

I thought it needed changing for consistency. Shouldn't status messages
like this be INFO:

test=> REINDEX DATABASE test;
NOTICE: table "pg_class" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "sql_languages" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "sql_packages" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "sql_parts" was reindexed

If I do VACUUM VERBOSE, those messages are INFO.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us