Re: anoncvs still slow

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: anoncvs still slow
Date: 2006-05-29 17:34:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> The quick fix is, as I wrote in one of my earlier mails, to configure
> svr1 not to tell svr4 to *retry delivery*, but to just junk the mail
> right away. It'll still cause joe-job style problems, but it won't load
> up the queue for days.

But, from my look at the queue on svr4, this is already being done ... the
queue contains a bunch of MAILER-DAEMON bounces back for 'recipient
unknown', which is what is supposed to happen ...

but, your point about the greylisting makes sense ... will work on
implementing that one tonight ...

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664