Library General Public Licence

From: Jim Brown <jimbrown32rb(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Library General Public Licence
Date: 2006-05-27 22:00:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I wrote a proprietary MS-Windows application (I can
just hear the groans... sorry) that I hope to sell. It
uses a backend database, and I like the option of
using PostgreSQL for that. I need to know clearly what
I need to do to distribute the psqlODBC driver with my
app.

My work is not a derivative work and the binary is not
linked to any psqlODBC library. It can, in fact,
connect to any ANSI-SQL compliant transactional
database using ODBC. I would, however, like to support
PostgreSQL over MS-SQL Server, and, to that end, would
like to bundle PostgreSQL and the psqlODBC dll with my
app. I will charge nothing for the driver or the
database.

I read the GNU Lesser General Public License and don't
see anything that prohibits this, but I'm a developer
and not a lawyer, so I'd like to ask for some advice.

Thanks,
Jim Brown