Seven Students for Summer of Code

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seven Students for Summer of Code
Date: 2006-05-26 19:00:31
Lists: pgsql-announce

The PostgreSQL project welcomes our seven Summer of Code students. We're
expecting some really cool new features of this, and more importantly,
some new PostgreSQL contributors! The projects are:

* Full Disjunctions by Itzhak Fadida, mentored by Jonah H. Harris
* xlog viewer by Diogo de Oliveira Biazus, mentored by Simon Riggs
* Hashing DISTINCT Clause Implementation by Beth Jen, mentored by Jonah
H. Harris
* phpPgAdmin improvements by John Jawed, mentored by Robert Treat
* Enhanced Aggregate Support by Sergey Koposov, mentored by Oleg
Bartunov
* ECPG Cleanup by Joachim Wieland, mentored by Michael Meskes
* Initial support of XMLType for PostgreSQL by Nikolay Samokhvalov,
mentored by Peter Eisentraut

Additionally, two students have been connected with internship
opportunities at PostgreSQL-supporting companies.

You can find out more on Google's SoC Page:
http://code.google.com/soc/pgsql/about.html

Welcome students, and a big thank you to Google for making this work and
education possible.

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus