Re: Gborg and pgfoundry

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Gborg and pgfoundry
Date: 2006-05-25 17:17:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:11:13AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >David Fetter wrote:

> >>Bruce,
> >>
> >>You know that there is a tall stack of finicky, time-consuming
> >>work in order to make this possible. Which parts of it are you
> >>volunteering to do?
> >
> >I will move my projects manually, and until we set a date, there is
> >no motivation for anyone to move their own projects. Someone doing
> >this migration is not working (for years), so let's just do it
> >dirty.
>
> I have to agree with Bruce here. Sometimes you just have to cut off
> a limb.

It would be a great service to the community if people could
document--maybe in some kind of wiki or something--just how they did
each piece. We could also put stuff on the front of gborg, mail every
project lead, etc., etc. In other words, a concerted effort here
would have non-trivial overhead, but also non-trivial pay-off :)

Let's start with the first thing: What features map on gborg map to
which features on pgfoundry?

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778 AIM: dfetter666
Skype: davidfetter