Re: WAIT on release info -- tommorrow!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: WAIT on release info -- tommorrow!
Date: 2006-05-23 17:25:25
Lists: pgsql-www

Tom,

> -announce is the one list that really NEEDS to have a human gatekeeper.

By "automate" I meant "like the News on the front page", with a web interface
and a collective team (slaves-to-the-www) to moderate it. There would have
to be humans involved.

Alternately, can Marc *please* designate an alternate moderator? I know that
majordomo supports this. Someone like Dave, Magnus and/or Robert?

Timing wasn't critical this morning (Newsforge checked with me before posting
a story) but for other stuff it may be. And more than once a vendor or
outside OSS project has waited for a week to get their stuff on -announce
because they didn't know they needed to send a private e-mail to Marc so he
would check the moderation list.

Also, it would be nice to have a several people with more time (collectively)
to weed out bad addresses. Right now, anyone who posts to announce gets an
average of 25-40 bounces, which is rather startling for first-time posters.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun