Featuring different sections of the website (was: [pgsql-advocacy] [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach.)

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Dean <mdean(at)sourceview(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Featuring different sections of the website (was: [pgsql-advocacy] [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach.)
Date: 2006-05-22 17:17:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Moving to -www

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:45:45PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> > 2. Reward ISP's who newly support postgresql. Give them free links,
>
> Partly done. As we find hosting providers who support PostgreSQL,
> they go on the http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting
> pages. Perhaps this should take a little less digging from the front
> page than it currently does, as it is not totally obvious to the
> end-user of the web site that they should follow the Support link to
> find out about hosting.

Given the amount of stuff that we could be highlighting on the front
page but can't fit there, what about having one section of the page that
rotates through those things, featuring them on the front page. These
could be intersperesed with the featured user box, or could run along
side it (moving the support us, latest releases and shortcuts to
somewhere else, probably the bottom of the page).