Query Optimization

From: shakil tanvir <tanvirshakil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query Optimization
Date: 2006-05-21 06:56:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me, how i can see at psql that how fast my query is executing?

Shakil

Dhruv Matani <dhruvbird(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote: Hello,
I have downloaded the PgSql sources, and saw the README file in the optimizer directory of the sources. Is there any other resource(s) for getting more info. on this?
More specifically, I'm interested in knowing if the optimizer uses the Referential Integrity constraints while performing optimizations. I mean things such as the FOREIGN key, CHECK constraints, etc....

--
-Dhruv Matani.
http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/

"The biggest room is the room for improvement."
-- Navjot Singh Siddhu.