Re: small doc patch for regexp_replace

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: small doc patch for regexp_replace
Date: 2006-05-18 00:54:37
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-patches

Joachim Wieland wrote:
> Is there any reason, why regexp_replace is not included in the tables of the
> string functions?
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/functions-string.html
>
> The appended patch adds regexp_replace() and links to the pattern matching
> section for substring / regexp_replace.
>
> I noticed that in the table the declaration of the arguments is
> inconsistent, for example:
>
> lower(string)
> ascii(text)
> length(string text)
>
> also in the sgml, there is sometimes "text" and sometimes
> "<type>text</type>".
>
> I'd fix that if someone told me what the preferred (if any) form is...

Seems there is some inconsistency there. There are two types of
function listings, one with just the types, and another with param_name
and then type. We use "string" instead of "text" because varchar() and
char() can also be used.

Anyway, applied patch attached that tries to clean it up. Let me know
if you find others.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size