Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items
Date: 2006-05-17 17:12:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Josh,

> It is obnoxious to have PR trolls offer only a one liner with a link to
> another website without any context to the content beyond the title.

Well, that's really up to the WWW approval group, isn't it? They have the
ability to edit news items, or to reject them. Given the amount of spam
they have to filter, I'm sure they'd be happy to have another volunteer.

Personally, I think that Martin was on the mark; we just need to transform
links so that they open in a new window ... which is probably what our
users want anyway. But let's NOT make this a political issue, it's too
trivial.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus