Re: JPOX Types.CHAR error

From: Andy Jefferson <andy(at)jpox(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JPOX Types.CHAR error
Date: 2006-05-16 09:13:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Also, I cannot do bpchar(100) whereas I can do char(100) ... the precision
> returned by getTypeInfo is limited to 9 for bpchar whereas is 65000 for
> char.

Ignore that. All Postgresql types returned by getTypeInfo() return the
precision as 9 ... whatever that is supposed to mean. Any chance that
Postgresql JDBC will one day return correct info for the precision ? It would
make life a hell of a lot easier for systems that use the results of its JDBC
method calls.

--
Andy