Re: Sun Server Location

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Sun Server Location
Date: 2006-05-16 16:59:27
Lists: pgsql-www

All,

> If it's not an "infrastructure server" (web/mail/etc) it doesn't really
> matter where it is hosted, IMHO - as long as there are on-site techs to
> help you if things go bad.

OSL has a staff. Mostly Corey, but he's on site and taking care of the
servers is his job.

> (If it's web etc, we need to look at getting
> good distribution etc) So no objectinos from me.

Well, given the lack of real objections, I'm going to check with Robert Lor to
see if there's any advantage in us having physical access to the machine. If
not, to OSL it goes.

FWIW, this server will "belong" to SPI, since we need a legal entity to own
it.

> (Hey, I can host it here if I get to play with it for personal stuff
> instaed of pg stuff :-P)

<grin> Ship it to Skandanavia? I don't think so ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions