Re: JPOX Types.CHAR error

From: Andy Jefferson <andy(at)jpox(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JPOX Types.CHAR error
Date: 2006-05-16 07:08:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> A quick check reveals nothing obviously wrong with how
> DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo returns data for Types.CHAR.

Well that depends on your point of view ;-)
PSQL 8.1-405 JDBC driver now returns SQL type "char" as Types.OTHER (instead
of Types.CHAR), and returns "bpchar" as Types.CHAR. Since PSQL has always
supported "char" as Types.CHAR (since it kinda seems reasonable), JPOX uses
that as the default ... and it is no longer there (yet is in PSQL 8.0). I can
set up JPOX to fake this type for users so they see no change but it would
make more sense (to me) to have the JDBC driver return consistent with
Types.CHAR ?

--
Andy