Re: For vim users: Syntax highlighting for PostgreSQL

From: Fernan Aguero <fernan(at)iib(dot)unsam(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL - General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: For vim users: Syntax highlighting for PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-05-02 23:58:16
Lists: pgsql-general

+----[ Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com> (27.Apr.2006 23:39):

| Hi,
|
| I just wrote a pgsql.vim file for vim users. It helps you to colorize
| the file which contains PostgreSQL SQL keywords:
|
| http://www.gunduz.org/postgresql/pgsql.vim

Devrim,

thanks for contributing this!

| In order to use this file, first edit filetype.vim file and add
|
| " PgSQL
| au BufNewFile,BufRead *.pgsql setf pgsql
|
| to the relevant part. We will need to do this until this file becomes an
| official part of vim.

This is not necessary. You can add it to your ~/.vimrc and
it will work. If you want to set this system wide you can
include the above command inthe system wide vimrc (in my
FreeBSD box this is /usr/local/share/vim/vimrc)

| Then put pgsql.vim to the syntax directory of vim
| (/usr/share/vim/vim64/syntax on my Fedora Core 5). After you rename your
| sql file as filename.pgsql, the syntax highlighting will be enabled.

+----]

Again, you can also put it in ~/.vim/syntax/ and it will
work.

Just wanted to add that without have root access anyone
can still benefit from your work!

Thanks again!

Fernan