Re: Cleaning up multiply-defined-symbol warnings on OS X

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cleaning up multiply-defined-symbol warnings on OS X
Date: 2006-04-29 10:59:15
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> I just came across some documentation claiming that it's possible to do
> similar exported-symbol filtering in Linux:
> http://people.redhat.com/%7edrepper/dsohowto.pdf
> I'm going to see if I can make that work along the same lines as my
> Darwin patch. If we can get it going on both Linux and Darwin then
> I think we'll have critical mass to make the change.

Now that 95% of this patch [1] (currently in the hold queue) has been
implemented, perhaps we should go the final 5% and version the symbols
to fix the ambiguous symbol problem forever (on linux at least, though
anywhere with the GCC toolchain will work).

Have a nice day,

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-10/msg00166.php