Re: odbc 8.01.02 8190 bytes limitation

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Michael GUIARD <m(dot)guiard(at)nestor-tech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc 8.01.02 8190 bytes limitation
Date: 2006-04-25 10:37:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> I use PostgreSQL database via ado (win32).
> I succeeded in storing/retrieving binary format (bytea) to/from
> database (I use it for images).
>
> But I am limited to 8190 bytes. Is it a way to disable this limitation ?

Could you try 07.03.026X version? It's enhanced experimental branch which
is now CVS tip and it'll be released as new stable release in relatively
short time. IMHO it's more stable version.

> I saw that the odbc have a MaxLongVarChar option set to 8190. May be
> my problem come from this, but how can I update this option using ado ?

There is connection string too in ADO. So specify it in it.

> I saw many posts about this subject but I did not find the
> solution - may be I am too blind today ;)

I don't want waste my time in developing dead branch (which 08.01 is).

Regards,

Luf