Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, mischa(at)activestate(dot)com
Subject: Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Date: 2006-04-12 22:34:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jim,

> The list goes on. Like I said, you could do all these things with XML,
> you just couldn't easily do them within the database.

XML --> Table conversion should be relatively easy with PL/Perl, PL/Java,
and/or an external language. Heck, if we could expand our XML tools
(Peter will have a talk on this at the Summit) we could do it in the
database by simple function call.

If we have an XML patch now, I say use it. I know I want it.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun