Re: Show tables query

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>, andy(dot)shellam(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk, "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Show tables query
Date: 2006-04-02 17:38:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane wrote:
> Unfortunately, the SQL committee did tremendous damage to that
> argument by changing the definitions of some of those views in
> SQL2003 :-(

The only changes to existing views were one renamed column and two or
three cases with relaxed permission checks so that more objects are now
shown. I do not expect any application to break.

> (We haven't caught up to the SQL2003 behavior yet, but I believe
> Peter Eisentraut is working on it for PG 8.2.)

I'm committing it now. Thanks for reminding me -- I had almost
forgotten about that patch. :)

--
Peter Eisentraut