Re: Show tablespace for databases with psql's \l+

From: Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Show tablespace for databases with psql's \l+
Date: 2006-03-30 03:32:39
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:13 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com> writes:
> > Please let me know if this patch needs any changes for acceptance. I
> > would prefer the tablespace row to the left of Description,
>
> Me too --- that looks pretty weird as-is.

OK, revised patch attached. Less-weird output now looks like this:

List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Tablespace | Description
-----------+--------+----------+------------+---------------------------
postgres | pyarra | LATIN1 | pg_default |
pyarra | pyarra | LATIN1 | pg_default |
spctest | pyarra | LATIN1 | spctable |
template0 | pyarra | LATIN1 | pg_default |
template1 | pyarra | LATIN1 | pg_default | Default template database
(5 rows)

Much nicer, I think.

Regards, Philip.

Utiba Pty Ltd
dangerous content by Utiba mail server and is
believed to be clean.

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch-psql-db-tblspc-show2 text/x-diff 1.6 KB