Re: php error reporting problem

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: ngwarai zed <makotore(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: php error reporting problem
Date: 2006-03-28 21:50:36
Lists: pgsql-php

--- ngwarai zed <makotore(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> hi, I omitted a semicolon ; at the end of a php
> statement on purpose to see
> what the error looks like. I ran the script and a
> blank page jus came
> out.Noerror message. I then edited
> php.ini and set Display_errors = On and
> errror_reporting = E_ALL then
> restarted httpd. Ran the script again and the same
> thing happens. My
> question is:- how do I make php to show me a simple
> error like omitting a
> semicolon

i use apache and php as cgi on winxp. i've never been
able to get the errors to print to the screen.

however, i still get to see my errors by using an ide.
eclips with the php plugin will display errors when
configured correctly.

i use php designer 2005 (2006 beta is available) and
the ide will display my errors when i run the script
from within the ide.

good luck.