Re: Bittorrent (Was: RE: [HACKERS] [SUGGESTION] CVSync )

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bittorrent (Was: RE: [HACKERS] [SUGGESTION] CVSync )
Date: 2006-03-26 22:15:01
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> [moved to -www]
>
>> Does anyone here know how to use the latest version of
>> Bittorrent, from a server vs client, perspective? The one we
>> are currently running is *ancient*, and I'd like to get that
>> vServer upgraded and off the templates, but without someone
>> that knows how to setup the newer bittorrent, well, that's
>> just a scary proposition ;(
>
> Ancient is a bit strong - it's about a year old. By that definition,
> there's a whole lot of things that are a lot worse off on our servers.
>
> That said, it's not good. But the fact that something changed on the box
> that caused it to stop working in the past couple of days can't be
> because of the version, since we've been running that version for a
> year.

'k, I looked at the server based on your report, and everything looks fine
... so, can you let me know how to reproduce the problem you are seeing?

> As for migrating it to a differnt vserver - just make sure you have a
> "close enough" version of python, and it should be no problem to just
> tar up the whole directory and move it over. I wouldn't be particularly
> worried about that part.

tar up what directory? its the bittorrent binaries that I'm concerned
about ... at some point, they merged all the various "utilities" into one
'bittorrent' script ... there is no longer a 'btlaunchmany.py' script, for
instance ...

And not sure what you are talking about concerning 'a year', but
bittorrent was originally installed back in Nov of '03, according to the
file stamps:

# ls -lt bt*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 5833 Nov 24 2003 btmakemetafile.pyc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 6385 Nov 15 2003 btdownloadheadless.pyc

----