GNU Cash (lack of) support of Postgres

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GNU Cash (lack of) support of Postgres
Date: 2006-03-06 15:59:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I ran accross the following in the preliminary FC5 release notes:
The PostgreSQL backend for GnuCash has been removed, as it is unmaintained upstream, does not support the full set of GnuCash features, and can lead to crashes. Users who use the PostgreSQL backend should load their data and save it as an XML file before upgrading GnuCash.

This isn't the kind of thing that will help spur Postgres adoption.
I don't use GNU Cash and so don't have much incentive to followup on this,
but I thought there might be someone in the Advocacy group that might want
to talk to the GNU Cash guys about this.