Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions
Date: 2006-03-03 14:49:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Csaba Nagy wrote:
> > Wow, this is a great deal of burden that for sure I didn't have to do
> > last time :-( Not sure why, maybe the laws changed or something. It is
> > crystal clear that I have to do it this time however.
>
> I think you're overreacting guys... I would first try and go to the
> nearest Canadian embassy and try to get the visa. I bet in most of the
> cases they will just issue it without any invitation letter and the
> like... if not, only then worry about it ;-)

Yeah, you may be right, sorry. The .gc.ca page says "updated
2004-02-17" so it must be the same page that was in place when I
solicited the visa last year. However, the invitation letter was very
simple, didn't include any of the confidential information, and actually
it wasn't issued by a Canadian person at all! It was signed by the
EnterpriseDB guys.