Re: a problem in postgres

From: Michael Crozier <crozierm(at)conducivetech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: uday shankar <ups_bandaru(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: a problem in postgres
Date: 2006-03-01 02:57:09
Lists: pgsql-ports

> uday shankar <ups_bandaru(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote: hello sir,
> My name is uday .I am using postgres commands since 3 days and it
> was running perfectly. When i opened postgres today asusually , i
> was encountered with a problem that,whenever i type a 'select'
> statement or if i asked 'help' ,it is showing some error like this
> " 'more' is not recognized as an internal or external
> command,operable program or batch file " , i donno where this
> 'more' command came from. but when i create a table or inserted
> values in it ,it is working perfectly,but it is not showing the
> table of contents.
>
> Please check this problem and send me mail back,it was very
> urgent as i have to work on this database and submit my project
> soon. Thanking You Sir,
>
> Yours Faithfully,
> Uday Phani Shankar.

You did not mention what operating system you are using, but I'll
assume that it is a UNIX variant.

psql is looking for the "pager" application, which displays data one
terminal page at a time. Usually this program is /bin/more. I
believe that psql uses /bin/more by default, but an alternate
application may be specified in the PAGER environment variable.

Michael