Re: fsync and battery-backed caches

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: Javier Somoza <jsomoza(at)pandasoftware(dot)es>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fsync and battery-backed caches
Date: 2006-02-28 17:23:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

Actually, you can't assume that a BBU means you can safely disable
full-page-writes. Depending on the controller, it's still possible to
end up with partially written pages.

BTW, if your mailer makes doing so convenient, it would be nice to trim
down your .signature; note that it's about 3x longer than the email you
actually sent.