Re: constraints and sql92 information_schema compliance

From: "Clark C(dot) Evans" <cce(at)clarkevans(dot)com>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: constraints and sql92 information_schema compliance
Date: 2006-02-26 05:51:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stephen,

So, a quick re-cap of the questions/concerns I had:

* Making the default constraint names include the table

-> This was implemented in 8.x, thank you!

* Forbidding the creation of a foreign key constraint where
the column list for the referenced table doesn't *exactly*
match a canidate key on that table.

-> I think you've agreed to something like this, or am
I mis-understanding?

* Issue a warning when creating a constraint who's name is
not unique within its (the constraint's) schema.

-> This request seems to have gotten lost in the
vigorous discussion ;)

Kind Regards,

Clark