Re: Pl/Python -- current maintainer?

From: James William Pye <pgsql(at)jwp(dot)name>
To: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>, James Robinson <jlrobins(at)socialserve(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Hackers Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pl/Python -- current maintainer?
Date: 2006-02-25 22:47:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 06:36:19PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I'm not sure it's an issue now that we have pg_pltemplate, but in older
> versions it's possible to create a language without setting a validator.
> This would make the validator an unsuitable place for checking the
> restrictions.

Hrm. I think this would only be an issue in PL/Py is if the user had the ability
to alter probin. The handler will never directly execute code in prosrc; it
relies on a validator to fill in probin.

Whether a regular user could take advantage of this or not, I'm not sure as I
have yet to test it or to give it much thought.
--
Regards, James William Pye