pg_dump warning with -Fc option

From: Carlos Henrique Reimer <carlosreimer(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump warning with -Fc option
Date: 2006-02-23 16:46:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Pg_dump complains when I use the -Fc option with:

pg_dump: [archiver] WARNING: requested compression not available in this installation -- archive will be uncompressed

and the dump is not compressed... searching in the list I´ve found that there is something related with the zlib.

How can I fix it? Should I recompile postgresql?

Thanks in advance!

Reimer

Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/