ExclusiveLock without a relation in pg_locks

From: "Carlos Oliva" <carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ExclusiveLock without a relation in pg_locks
Date: 2006-02-23 13:54:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Would connections to a database require crating an extra ExclusiveLock? We
have some connections to the database that happen to be "idle in
transaction" and their pids have a granted "Exclusive Lock" in pg_locks. I
cannot discern the tables where the ExclusiveLock is being held because the
relation field is blank.

Moreover, there are other connections to the database coming from the same
ip address as that of the connection with the ExclusiveLock. Some of the
pids of these other connections seem to have different kinds of locks
(AccessShareL0ck) so I am not quite sure why the pids with the
ExclusiveLock's are necessary.

How could I find out the tables that are being locked when I see an
"ExclusiveLock" in pg_locks.