Re: Updated email signature

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated email signature
Date: 2006-02-18 00:18:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have updated my email signature because I think it is no longer
> > necessary to list contact information now that my home page has all that
> > information. (At the time I created it, email was becoming popular but
> > personal web sites were rare.)
> >
> > Also, I wanted to mention that I work for SRA OSS more prominently. I
> > hope that is OK with everyone.

> I can see why anyone would have a problem with this. Have you
> see my signature ;)
>
> --
> The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
> Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
> Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

What! Can't you embed an image in there too! :-)

Anyway, thinking about it, it isn't that personal web pages weren't
popular when I created the original signature, but that the web itself
didn't exist yet, at least beyond research sites.

My first post to Usenet was May 1991:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.admin/browse_frm/thread/e14966d30496969c/e28f1e5bf544f540?lnk=st&q=momjian&rnum=5&hl=en#e28f1e5bf544f540

And the world wide web came later:

http://www.kevcom.com/words/guide/guide.04.html