Re: psqlODBC generating incorrect SQL?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Michael Shulman <shulman(at)math(dot)uchicago(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC generating incorrect SQL?
Date: 2006-02-17 11:53:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Can anyone think of a reason that the windows psqlODBC driver would
> generate SQL that doesn't quote strings correctly? I am seeing lines
> in psqlodbc_xxxx.log that begin like:

It seems to me that psqlODBC means it is another type.

> UPDATE "public"."application" SET "decision"=? WHERE ...

It uses binding parameters. Nothing new. I don't know what leads to
the problem.

> by filling in parameters, so it seems to me that it is the driver that
> is at fault, since it must have filled in the parameters.

Maybe driver or something another doesn't work correctly.
What's the decision column type?

> I'm very confused about how this could be happening. It doesn't
> happen on my computer, only on one of my users' computers, running the
> latest version of psqlODBC in Windows XP. Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated!

It could be interesting to see mylog outputs (from your computer - the
correct one and from user's comupter - the faulty one).
Maybe you don't have same connection options.
Are you both using same psqlODBC driver (version ant type - ANSI vs.
Unicode)?
And what about backends, ...?

Regards,

Luf