Re: PostgreSQL ad images

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL ad images
Date: 2006-02-17 15:23:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

The issue is that we do not own the copyright on the elephant photo image we
use on the main website. We have a license to use it for the website, and
generally we could probably reuse it in an ad banner, but we can't release it
under a creative commons license (like our other graphics) which means that
people who want to remix/mashup postgresql related images may or may not have
problems in the future. We would like to avoid this, so instead we're going
to attempt to make use of the elephant photo graphic used on the pgadmin
site, which we have full permissions to re-release (Thanks to Andreas Pflug).
Mike, see what you guys can do with this elephant...
http://pgadmin.org/images/logo-ltr.jpg, or maybe Andres can send me the
original and we could put it into the graphics repository.

BTW, if anyone else has some elephant photo's like this they would be willing
to share, please don't be shy about letting us know.

Robert Treat

--
Robert Treat