BUG #2265: CREATE TABLE when AUTOCOMMIT is OFF

From: "Gerhard Lutz" <gerhard(dot)lutz(at)mbtech-group(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2265: CREATE TABLE when AUTOCOMMIT is OFF
Date: 2006-02-16 13:21:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2265
Logged by: Gerhard Lutz
Email address: gerhard(dot)lutz(at)mbtech-group(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.3
Operating system: Windows XP SP2
Details:

I want to upgrade my PostgreSQL server from 8.0.4 to 8.1.3.
My application connects to the database via ODBC.
After connecting to the database I set the AUTOCOMMIT mode to OFF.

::SQLSetConnectAttr(g_hDBConnection, SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT,
(SQLPOINTER)SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF), 0);

Now, if I want do create a table via ODBC, e.g.

"CREATE TABLE db_version ( hv integer, uv integer, nv integer, r integer,
rel integer)"

, I get the error message

"Error while executing the query;
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block (7)"

In PostgreSQL 8.0.4 I was able to create a table in AUTOCOMMIT mode OFF
without any error. Is this a bug in 8.1.3?