Re: Need license clarification on some web graphics

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: emily(at)emilyboyd(dot)com, omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need license clarification on some web graphics
Date: 2006-02-14 03:06:32
Lists: pgsql-www

On Saturday 11 February 2006 10:50, Robert Treat wrote:
> I've recieved a submission of some postgresql related web graphics that I
> was planning to add to the graphics repository. While I was uploading them
> the thought hit me that we might have a problem with some of these. First
> two examples of ones that are ok:
>
> http://xzilla.postgresql.org/layout/images/2_160x600.gif
> http://xzilla.postgresql.org/layout/images/14_160x600.gif
>
> both very nice and wonderful, but I am wondering about this one:
>
> http://xzilla.postgresql.org/layout/images/15_160x600.gif
>
> It uses the "photo elephant" which I not sure what the license status is.
> The relevant link in the archives seems to be
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-12/msg00290.php
> but it is less than definitive since we would not be using these images on
> the postgresql website per say, they would be out in the wild (though under
> a cc license). I have about a dozen more of these using the "photo
> elephant" so before I put them up, can I get an ok from someone?

So I guess given no response in 48 hours, I should assume that these photos
are legally poisoned? In that case can we get a new elephant photo that we
can use on the website and in web buttons? Joshua, you mentioned something
way back when about making a replacement pic, how about now?

--
Robert Treat