Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Cornelia Boenigk <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and
Date: 2006-02-11 06:27:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Cornelia Boenigk wrote:

> Hi
>
>> Now, I just checked the PHP5 LICENSE file, and it isn't GPL or BSD,
>> but the license is held by 'The PHP Group', not by Zend ...
>
> Zend is the owner of the Zend Engine but not the owner of the PHP code.

This is what I thought ... now, what happens if the Zend engine is pulled
out of PHP? Does that cripple the PHP project, or just inconvience it?

For instance, I know if I don't download/install the Zend Optimizer, and
do a 'phpinfo()', it still lists the Zend Engine itself, so its part of
the *base* PHP build ...

----