Re: COPY FROM

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Bart Degryse <Bart(dot)Degryse(at)indicator(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY FROM
Date: 2006-02-09 15:27:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> In the driver logging I can see that it's waiting for the data now,
> but I can't really figure out how to deliver it. Since the source
> data (as a text file with fixed length fields) is only available
> on client side and needs some processing before being ready to import

I think ODBC doesn't support something like standard input ...
Or maybe it does? Do you try print the prepared data to the standard
output?

> So basically my question is : how do I deliver the prepared data
> to the driver? Any help (tips, working code, example, ...)
> would be appreciated.

If you can't find the way you can try to use insert statements.
You may collect multiple insert statements into one transaction
to speed up the data loading.

Regards,

Luf