Backing Up

From: "James Dey" <james(at)mygus(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Backing Up
Date: 2006-02-04 07:05:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I have been backing up using the comment pg_dump -U user xyzdb > xyz.tar

The problem is, when I restore my DB I get a lot of parser errors on the
sequences and things like ERROR: Relation "taxname_id_seq" does not exist

ERROR: Relation "taxdata_id_seq" does not exist

ERROR: Relation "taxlink_id_seq" does not exist

This is on 7.3 red hat edition, restored from 7.3 normal edition.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

James Dey

tel +27 11 704-1945

cell +27 82 785-5102

fax +27 11 388-8907

mail <mailto:james(at)mygus(dot)com> james(at)mygus(dot)com

myGUS / SLT retains all its intellectual property rights in any information
contained in e-mail messages (or any attachments thereto) which relates to
the official business of myGUS / SLT or of any of its associates. Such
information may be legally privileged, is to be treated as confidential and
myGUS / SLT will take legal steps against any unauthorised use. myGUS / SLT
does not take any responsibility for, or endorses any information which does
not relate to its official business, including personal mail and/or opinions
by senders who may or may not be employed by myGUS / SLT. In the event that
you receive a message not intended for you, we request that you notify the
sender immediately, do not read, disclose or use the content in any way
whatsoever and destroy/delete the message immediately. While myGUS / SLT
will take reasonable precautions, it cannot ensure that this e-mail will be
free of errors, viruses, interception or interference therewith. myGUS / SLT
does not, therefore, issue any guarantees or warranties in this regard and
cannot be held liable for any loss or damages incurred by the recipient
which have been caused by any of the above-mentioned factors.