BUG #2227: Internal account lookup error

From: "Matthias Klein" <matthias(at)cmklein(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2227: Internal account lookup error
Date: 2006-01-31 15:51:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2227
Logged by: Matthias Klein
Email address: matthias(at)cmklein(dot)de
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

While installing PostgreSQL 8.1.2-1 on my Windows XP Professional machine, I
receive an "Internal account lookup error" (Matching of account names and
security preferences failed) which results in the rollback of the
installation procedure. This is accompanied by a modal dialogue claiming
that a "Fatal Error" made the installation fail.
After this procedure, the postgres-User was created in the systems user
database.
This error was caused every single time I attempted the installation -
whether as normal user or as administrator.